Have some thoughts on your particular Instructor or Tutor? Let us know!
GraceR837
Course Students

Questions regarding skipping questions

by GraceR837 Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:08 pm

Questions for Jamie Nelson:

Hi Jamie,

I just finished listening to the recording of Part 2 of the webinar, Your Dream MBA. Last night, I listened to a recording of Part 1.

I find your suggestion of skipping questions very interesting since I took the GMAT but was not able to complete the Quant section. I really need to improve on my Quant score. I had gone into the test thinking the first several questions were the most important. I also thought skipping would have a negative impact on my score because skipped questions would be considered incorrect and put me in a lower category. I had not heard about the strategy of skipping questions before I listened to the two webinars. Hearing this strategy makes me hopeful that I may be able to improve my GMAT score. Your explanation about how the test has changed and why this works makes sense to me. I thank you so much for making this suggestion.

Regarding this suggestion, I have a couple of questions:

1) During Part 1, you gave an example of a person who skipped 7 questions on the Quant section and scored a 750. During Part 2, you suggested skipping 5 questions. What do you think is the ideal number of questions to skip?
2) How do you determine which 5 or 7 questions to skip?