If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
wh67111

Realistic School Applications....

by wh67111 Sat May 26, 2007 12:45 am

Hi,

Could you please advise me on what MBA School "Ranking Bracket" I should realistically pursue ?
Given the level of time, commitment, detail and originality required to compile a quality application I was hoping for advice on which grouping to focus my efforts on.
Interested in a Finance & Accounting Specilization.
I'm looking for Fall 2008 admissions. Thanks.

BSc: Analytical Chemistry & Biochemistry
School: University of the West Indies
GPA: 2.4

Professional Qualification: Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
ACCA is the "rest of the world" :wink: accounting equivalent to your CPA.

GMAT: Taking in late August -early Sept - using tutoring to aim for 700+ :?:

Work Ex: ~5 years.

First three years with an indigenous Insurance Company, when I left I was the Assistant Accountant (two steps from CFO) .

Last two years AVP of Finance & Accounting at the local franchise of Citigroup Corporate & Investment Bank, responsable forall regulatory, statutory, management reporting.
Manage a team of 9.

Extracurricular:
Sports - Sailing. Very competitive, team competes all over the Caribbean.
Reading - voracious reader - have (and actively use) subscriptions to BW, McKinsey, CFO magazine, ACCA Direct and others..

Community:
- Member of University of the West Indies alumni association.
- Member of my private high school "old boys" association.
- Founding member and current treasurer of private primary school alumni association.

My u-grad really sucks, guess I was uninspired, :cry: ... but since then I think I did okay....just don't know if / where to focus my energies...

Be as brutally honest as you can, I can take it..I think..lol.
MBAApply

by MBAApply Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:37 pm

What are you interested in doing post-MBA - what industry/function, and geographic location (and don't tell me it doesn't matter - unless you are a wandering nomad, you have preferences for where you want to live and where you don't want to live).

That should dictate which schools you should be considering.

Without knowing anything about your goals, it's hard to tell you what schools to look at.

Alex Chu
www.mbaapply.com
alex@mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com