Have any questions or thoughts about the testing center, scratch pad, etc.? Share them here.
kaps.rathee
Students

Really bad experience,any help would be appreciated

by kaps.rathee Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:58 am

Hi,
I took my GMAT exam today at test center location,
GATS, office #1,Symphony 'C',Ashok nagar,Range hill road,Off pune university road,Pune-411020,India.
The test was going smooth except for the fact that AC was not on in the center for whatsoever reason.But when i was at my 13 question on verbal section,to my horror the power cut off and system was shut and no action was taken for 1 and half hour,which was really tiring and frustrating to focus on exam anymore.This really hamper my performance at verbal section and i could not concentrate any more on the exam and this fear of power cut was still at back of my mind.The exam resumed after 1 and half hour.I was dead stressed and tired by then.Anyways i resumed exam again and finally submitted my score and i saw 660 :(, which was far less than any score i have ever got on any of my practice test including GMAC official test.I was so sure that i would definitely score 720 but i believe this whole incidence of power cut took me off the road and ruined my day and score in verbal because i still scored 50 in quants as per my expectation.I would like to please address my issue and consider my appeal to take the exam again soon.My candidate id is 100001002429.Also, you can reach me +91 8007774885 or kaps.rathee@gmail.com for any further question.Such technical problems should not decide my fate at GMAT.
pravin22jd
Students

Re: Really bad experience,any help would be appreciated

by pravin22jd Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:06 am

kaps.rathee Wrote:Hi,
I took my GMAT exam today at test center location,
GATS, office #1,Symphony 'C',Ashok nagar,Range hill road,Off pune university road,Pune-411020,India.
The test was going smooth except for the fact that AC was not on in the center for whatsoever reason.But when i was at my 13 question on verbal section,to my horror the power cut off and system was shut and no action was taken for 1 and half hour,which was really tiring and frustrating to focus on exam anymore.This really hamper my performance at verbal section and i could not concentrate any more on the exam and this fear of power cut was still at back of my mind.The exam resumed after 1 and half hour.I was dead stressed and tired by then.Anyways i resumed exam again and finally submitted my score and i saw 660 :(, which was far less than any score i have ever got on any of my practice test including GMAC official test.I was so sure that i would definitely score 720 but i believe this whole incidence of power cut took me off the road and ruined my day and score in verbal because i still scored 50 in quants as per my expectation.I would like to please address my issue and consider my appeal to take the exam again soon.My candidate id is 100001002429.Also, you can reach me +91 8007774885 or kaps.rathee@gmail.com for any further question.Such technical problems should not decide my fate at GMAT.

i hope they have installed power back-up now.
I am planning to take test of 21st Nov which is Thursday and I guess Thursday used to be day of power off few days back, not sure if this is still happening these days
Will call them before booking the appointment.

Thanks for sharing these details.
Thanks
Pravin
My MBA Journey: http://onthewaytomba.blogspot.com
AmbarishG925
Forum Guests

by AmbarishG925 Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:24 pm

pravin22jd Wrote:
I am planning to take test of 21st Nov which is Thursday and I guess Thursday used to be day of power off few days back, not sure if this is still happening these days

Kindly let me know if they have a power backup now. I'll change the center else.
Binit
Students

by Binit Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:15 am

Hi AmbarishG925, pravin22jd, and kaps.rathee,

Any update on this topic so far? There are many complaints against Pune test Center. Is it okay to choose this center?? Anybody with any, positive or negative, feedback??

~Binit.
arunpkumar7
Students

by arunpkumar7 Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:58 am

AmbarishG925 Wrote:
pravin22jd Wrote:

Kindly let me know if they have a power backup now. I'll change the center else.

I spoke to the center head and he mentioned that they have installed a power backup which lasts for around 8 hours.

This, i believe, should suffice.

However, i have heard concerns wherein the mouse stopped working during the last 2-3mins of the verbal question but this was a one-of case. i have not head any recent concerns related to mouse issues.
Binit
Students

by Binit Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:24 am

Hi guys, I hope I could have access to a detailed review before. Anyway, I am providing one, hope it would help other.

Center Name : Pearson Vue - GATS, Symphony C, Ashok Nagar, Range Hill Rd., Pune.
City & Country : Pune, India
Parking facility : There was enough parking space for a two-wheeler, cars would be parked on the roadside I guess, not a problem.
Invigilator Reviews : They were nice except for nobody came to respond twice in the middle of the Quants section. Both the pens provided got dried and it was quite tough situation, more on this later.
Environment : The center is roadside, so there are vehicular noises, but Range Hill Rd. is quite serene compared to the mad traffic on other city roads. You don't need to worry much about noises, it was fine with an earplug. The room for six was quite congested (like a typical cybercafe in India) and be ready to tolerate fanatic sounds of keyboard strokes. This is a imp info, guys, unless you are the last guy starting the test you are bound to suffer keyboard music during your IR, Quants or Verbal section. Pearson claims to have noise proof separation, but in practice, folks are sitting in 2 rows with no separation from the guy behind you. So, how does the noise-proof thing matters. The center was clean.
Rating 5/5 : 1.5/5
Additional Info : Pls pay attention. There are quite a few points:
1. 2 marker pens provided to each student. Both were kind of weird, one stopped writing right away and the second one exhausted in IR. At that point I felt helpless, cos I was still not so accustomed to the small room and fanatic keyboard sounds by others. Decided to finish the section cos only 5 mins left. Complained about that, but it seemed it was common there, everybody had it. :? :roll: All in all I changed both the pens 4 times, but not satisfied :x One kind madam suggested, close the cap after use, don't keep it open :shock:
2. The reason behind keyboard cacophony was the worn out keyboards. Have u seen keyboards on sale road-side @ Rs.50 /pc.? Well, u ll find them at GATS, Pune. I found no point complaining, bcos even if they had changed it would have taken precious time and u don't need keyboard after AWA.
3. The laminated sheet was very very old and blackened by re-re-re-use. All were facing it, well it's India, 'complain' is no word in our dictionary.
Now u may guess, why they didn't come to respond, I was asking to replace pens.
Needless to say, I am thinking about Mumbai center for the re-test. Guys, pls write full reviews about everything that cud be a possible threat to anybody. In GATS, one brave girl was arguing with the proctor about facilities on expense of her own AWA time.
I DON'T BLAME my score on them, but the review may help the next guy.
I read all reviews before booking the center, but never found anything so wrong.
BE VOCAL FRIENDS.

Binit.