If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Sam

Retake at 700?

by Sam Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:49 am

I took manhattan GMAT 9-weeks winter course in NYC recently.

I got a score of 700 (Q49/89%, V37/82%).
Is it worth retaking the exam given my circumstances?

1. I'm planning to apply only for part-time MBA
2. My undergraduate GPA is not that good. I graduated medical school in other country.
3. I'm a praticing physician with 7 years of work experience (including residency program) ... trained in the U.S. working in NYC, Green Card Holder

Thanks for your advice in advance.
MBA Mission

Re: Retake at 700?

by MBA Mission Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:53 am

Thank you for your inquiry.

Generally, a 700 score, with eightieth percentile weighting on both sides of the test, is consider to be a strong test - one in which the admissions committee won’t question your ability to handle the rigors of the program, at least in terms of your analytical horsepower. I would only retake the test if you think that you can improve significantly (30-40 points) with minimal effort.

To which part-time programs are you applying? This would also be a factor as I make a recommendation.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Shinewald
MBA Mission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

MBA Mission offers a free consultation to all prospective candidates: www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Sam Wrote:I took manhattan GMAT 9-weeks winter course in NYC recently.

I got a score of 700 (Q49/89%, V37/82%).
Is it worth retaking the exam given my circumstances?

1. I'm planning to apply only for part-time MBA
2. My undergraduate GPA is not that good. I graduated medical school in other country.
3. I'm a praticing physician with 7 years of work experience (including residency program) ... trained in the U.S. working in NYC, Green Card Holder

Thanks for your advice in advance.