If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
Britney

Retake Gmat ? 680

by Britney Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:46 pm

Should I Re-take the GMAT again?

The quantitative section was pretty traumatizing to me. I guessed on over half of them. I ended up with:
V: 42, Q: 39 AWA: 6. Total: 680 (89%)

Please tell me I'm in the safe zone. That was a horrifying experience.

More Information Needed

by guest Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:37 am

While 680 is a good score, I don't think anyone can evaluate your candidacy without more information. Specifically, what is your profile (what else do you bring to the table besides a GMAT score), what schools are you applying to, what part of the applicant pool do you fall into? Etc. If you went to a top school undergrad, with great work experience, etc a 680 is probably fine. If you worked as a ballet instructor and you are now trying to make a career change into business a 680 might not be enough---

A 680 will get your application taken seriously, but it is just one component of many that goes into the application process.

An admissions consultant can provide more info, once you provide more specificity on your profile.
Britney

by Britney Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:29 am

Thank you for the advice. I understand that the rest of my application must come into consideration. I am not at a Fortune 500 company, but I am in the real estate business for a few years and have had alot of hands on experience (So, not a ballet teacher). I'm going to go ahead and throw my GMAT books out.