Have some thoughts on your particular Instructor or Tutor? Let us know!
rockone

rey fernandez or michael schwartz

by rockone Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Hi all... I'm taking an upcoming iteration of the MGMAT prep course in SF, and I'm looking for any feedback on Michael Schwartz and Rey Fernandez. Both of them are teaching a class in a time frame that fits my schedule, and I'm not sure which one to choose as an instructor. Thanks for your input!
kathleen_brennan
Course Students

Re: rey fernandez or michael schwartz

by kathleen_brennan Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Michael Schwartz was my 'office time' instructor this week and he was fabulous. I was totally overwhelmed by the Critical Reasoning section and I have years of experience in law!! that means that critical reasoning should be EASY for me. Not so... as I was trying to take in the entire process and I am only 1/3 of the way into the online class process.

Michael had me focus solely on the Reading / ignoring the proposed answers & diagramming that I will learn in upcoming classes. He took me from being totally overwhelmed to understanding what my focus should be at this point in the training as it relates to Critical Reasoning. If you have the CR Manhattan books you will understand what I am trying to say about the complex process Manhattan takes you through; it is unlike anything I ever experienced before.

One thing I am sure of is that when I take the GMAT this time I will be much more prepared than when I took it as an undergrad years ago. Best of Luck...