The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
askou
Forum Guests

Ron Thank you ...

by askou Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:05 am

Ron I have no words to thank you for your assistance. I have never been a student of yours, but I used all the explanations you have given on the Verbal forum to understand the logic behind Sentence Correction questions. Your insights were an invaluable resource to me(even more important than the Manhattan GMAT Sentence Correction Guide). The last three days, I went through all Gmat prep questions and I took down notes from your comments on the respective posts. Yesterday I finally managed to score a 42 on verbal, getting a total of 750.
Since I am not a native speaker of English I was struggling in that part of the exam. The fact that you present the various grammatical and syntactic patterns in a very clear and concise way when analyzing each question, helped me to easily identify the correct answers and the various traps on test day.
Again thank you, thank you, thank you.
Best Regards,
Andreas.
LazyNK
Students

Re: Ron Thank you ...

by LazyNK Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 am

Hey Askou,
That is a very good score. I wanted to know how much you were scoring in your practice exams ? I'm also targetting 750+, but not sure if I'm still there.
My scores in full CATs are as follows :
1) MGMAT CAT1 - 670 ( largely because I didn't complete fully both quantitative and verbal sections)
2) MGMAT CAT2 - 730
3) GMAT free CAT1 - 760 (got about 5 questions which I already had solved in practice with OG questions)
4) GMAT free CAT2 - 770 (again about 5 questions from OG)
5) MGMAT CAT3 - 730
I can see many careless mistakes, mainly because of 2 minutes per question limit.
How consistent were you in your practice tests? Thanks for confirming
-NK
askou
Forum Guests

by askou Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:02 am

LazyNK hello,

Unfortunately I didn't take any tests except for one test from GMAT Prep (730), but it was diluted because I had already done some of the questions in verbal and the test conditions were not realistic (after the quant part I saw a movie and then did the verbal part).

I suggest that you complete every single official question before focusing on third-party material. I don't know how much MGMAT tests are reliable indicators but I can assure you that there is no better source of information than Ron's posts in the SC forum. Go through all of his explanations and identify some of the key patterns he mentions.

Best of luck with your exam,
Best Regards,
Andreas.
nuwalt
Course Students

by nuwalt Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Where can I get Ron's post for Verbal and SCs. Thank You.
brownknight177
Forum Guests

by brownknight177 Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:46 am

nuwalt Wrote:Where can I get Ron's post for Verbal and SCs. Thank You.

Thanks dude can I get Ron's post for Verbal and SCs???
shreerajp99
Forum Guests

by shreerajp99 Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi,
Go through the gmatprep verbal forum for detailed explanation by Ron and other MGMAT experts.
Thanks,
Shreeraj
shreerajp99
Forum Guests

by shreerajp99 Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi,
Go through the gmatprep verbal forum for detailed explanation by Ron and other MGMAT experts.
Thanks,
Shreeraj