Have some thoughts on your particular Instructor or Tutor? Let us know!
nyc917
Course Students

Ryan Jacobs – Highly Recommended

by nyc917 Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:08 am

Hi everyone,

I took an in-person class with Ryan Jacobs between November 2012 and January 2013 in the Silicon Valley (San Francisco Bay Area) location. Overall, I thought the money and time were very well spent. Ryan did an excellent job delivering the materials to the group of students. Ryan's aptitude and intelligence are obviously off-the-charts, but he was extremely down-to-earth and he was able to break down difficult concepts into laymen’s terms. I thought this was the part that Ryan did exceptionally well. Some of the critical reasoning questions were, at first, daunting and difficult to understand, but he was able to rephrase the question and made the content more digestible.

To me, the whole point of taking a GMAT prep course was to have someone to motivate me and guide me throughout a learning process. In addition to the "stock" MGMAT slides, Ryan also had his own approach to some of the questions discussed in the lecture. Not only were his contents differentiated, his teaching style was very effective, which made the learning sessions very productive.

One other quality I like about Ryan was his way to approach problems. He’s always very calm and collected and he approaches every question methodically. GMAT is about finding the most efficient way to solve problems and you will definitely learn these skills from Ryan.

If you are in the SF Bay Area and looking into GMAT prep options, Ryan’s in-person classes would unequivocally be the way to go.