Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
VarunN658
Forum Guests

S P Jain Global Vs ISB

by VarunN658 Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:19 am

Which one b-school is good for international MBA ISB or S P Jain School of Global Management?

S P Jain School of Global Management has tri-city MBA program, and provides Australian Degree while ISB has associated with LBS and Kellogs, but I am not sure how is it going to help me out.

What do you think, which one should I prefer?

I have 670 GMAT score, and good academics and want to settle down abroad, but not sure which one program should I prefer to apply for? Which b-school will open the best opportunity door for me?

Any suggestion or idea would help. Please suggest.

Thanks!
ArmanM2
Forum Guests

Re: S P Jain Global Vs ISB

by ArmanM2 Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:06 pm

VarunN658 Wrote:Which one b-school is good for international MBA ISB or S P Jain School of Global Management?

S P Jain School of Global Management has tri-city MBA program, and provides Australian Degree while ISB has associated with LBS and Kellogs, but I am not sure how is it going to help me out.

What do you think, which one should I prefer?

I have 670 GMAT score, and good academics and want to settle down abroad, but not sure which one program should I prefer to apply for? Which b-school will open the best opportunity door for me?

Any suggestion or idea would help. Please suggest.

Thanks!

Both the B-schools are really great but it depends what are looking for for your future, whether you want to go to abroad for study or just want to go for Indian B-school, study here and settle down.

Ok, let me tell you step by step:

1. ISB is really good and reputed institute in India, and of course, you will get great placement also after program done but it won't be an international platform while S P Jain School of Global Management will provide you the platform to go international with it's tri-city program - you are getting to learn the diverse culture of Dubai, Singapore and Sydney while learning. Also to understand the business etiquette that requires when you are in specific area of market - Gulf, Chinese or Western.

2. ISB, sorry but I didn't find it in top 30 in Indian B-school ranking (referred bschool.career360) while S P Jain Global has been ranked no. 19 in the world for it's MBA program by Forbes in 2013 and no. 5 in Asia. Is that really good?

Now let's come to your point - S P Jain provides you Australian degree that is being recognized all over the world, and as their alumni record itself say, S P Jain's students are working in all over the world. ISB is truely associated with LBS & kellogs but I am not sure whether they graduate the students from any of these b-school or even allow them to visit it, so doesn't make any sense.

As you are slightly near to cut-off of both the b-schools that you have mentioned here, but your desire of settling abroad makes your decision clear here. Choose that will open the door to abroad, rest is yours.

Cheers!
Arman
VarunN658
Forum Guests

by VarunN658 Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:25 am

Thanks for your input Arman!

I am totally agreed with the tri-city concept, as it is clearly marking me in the global b-school. But do you really think, the ranking should be one of the criteria to choose the B-school?

Well, I really want to settle down abroad but more interested in placement records of these b-schools also. Do you have any idea for both of the schools - ISB & S P Jain Global?

Please share your views.

Kindly Regards,
Varun
ArmanM2
Forum Guests

by ArmanM2 Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Varun,

S P Jain has good record of placement for GMBA and other program MGB, and it's alumni are to be found all over the world in the companies like Apple, USA, Goldman Sach, MEC Singapore, Sony UAE, etc. And reportedly they had claimed 51 lacs as the highest salary offered for GMBA and 25 lacs for 5 students from MGB program. So it has really good record.

While ISB also report 25 lacs as their highest salary for full time MBA program.

But anyway, these B-schools teaches us the etiquettes, so I don't think, placement is the only criteria that you should look into.

As much as I am concerned, so ranking by Forbes or even by FT, it is claimed based on several factors like B-school standing internationally, student's growth - learning and experiential, placement, campuses, or anyother value added services to provide the valuable candidate to the 21st century jobs. So yes, ranking is one of the criteria to check before entering into any b-school.

Tell me your views on it.

Cheers!
Arman
VarunN658
Forum Guests

by VarunN658 Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:52 am

Thanks and agreed to your comments.

For me, it seems S P Jain would be the best choice for me to go for. It can help me to go international.

I accept that placement should not be the only criteria to judge the b-schools, as they are not the placement agencies. But thanks for displaying the stats from both the b-schools - S P Jain Global and ISB.

Can you help me with the educational insights of both the b-schools so I can take my final decision on this?

Awaiting for your response.

Regards,
Varun+
AnantD376
Forum Guests

by AnantD376 Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:51 am

ArmanM2 Wrote:Varun,

S P Jain has good record of placement for GMBA and other program MGB, and it's alumni are to be found all over the world in the companies like Apple, USA, Goldman Sach, MEC Singapore, Sony UAE, etc. And reportedly they had claimed 51 lacs as the highest salary offered for GMBA and 25 lacs for 5 students from MGB program. So it has really good record.

While ISB also report 25 lacs as their highest salary for full time MBA program.

But anyway, these B-schools teaches us the etiquettes, so I don't think, placement is the only criteria that you should look into.

As much as I am concerned, so ranking by Forbes or even by FT, it is claimed based on several factors like B-school standing internationally, student's growth - learning and experiential, placement, campuses, or anyother value added services to provide the valuable candidate to the 21st century jobs. So yes, ranking is one of the criteria to check before entering into any b-school.

Cheers!
Arman

Hi Arman,

Great to be here on the post! I want to understand a little over here:

S P Jain School of Global Management's 5 MGB students has got 25 lacs an annum salary package, right? Are these companies belong to India or abroad? I mean, for job, I can be placed in India, or abroad?

Considering ISB, it has revealed that almost 93% of students are placed, so what about S P Jain School of Global Management?

Moreover, I am interested to know about educational quality that these b-schools are providing.

And what's admission criteria of these b-schools?

Appreciate your help!

Cheers...AD
MalikarjunA642
Forum Guests

by MalikarjunA642 Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:51 am

ArmanM2 Wrote:Varun,

Cheers!
Arman

Hi Arman,

Wow, that's awesome, doesn't it?

BTW how did you get this report of placement? S P Jain Global student has got really good offers. If these students are from MGB program, then students are not even having experience enough but the package is way bigger.

I am just wondering, how S P Jain's MGB student got such a big offers as ISB's experienced students are earning the same.

Arman, would you please share the exact detail on it? I am really keen on this now, and looking for shorter duration course. May be I can go for this.

Please revert back.

Malikarjun... :)
ArmanM2
Forum Guests

by ArmanM2 Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:01 am

Malikarjun,

These details are available on S P Jain Global's website.

http://www.spjain.org/MGB-placements.aspx

See the point is - B-school prepares you to present yourself in this 21st century corporate world where you can accomplish your task in a smart manner but not in traditional manner, which is time consuming and ineffective.

And S P Jain School of Global Management is one of those international b-school that has made it possible for students to learn three different cultural and business etiquettes through it's tri-city model.

And of course, the ranking of the school says it all.

Do let me know if you have any query.

Regards,
Arman
ashishk353
Forum Guests

by ashishk353 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:10 am

Hello, since you have just completed your graduation. The eligibility criteria for ISB and S.P JAIN global is you need to have a work experience for couple of years.
karanr694
Forum Guests

by karanr694 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 am

Well any MBA college does requires certain amount of work experience. If you don’t want to wait for so long you can checkout the masters programme of SP JAIN GLOBAL.
ajitj878
Forum Guests

by ajitj878 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:37 am

But I don’t think ISB is offering you a Masters programme.
ashishk353
Forum Guests

by ashishk353 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:55 am

Yes, ISB offers a diploma in business management . A diploma from ISB is equally valuable. But you can’t study further if you wish to pursue your p.hd. you need a Masters degree in order to study further.
karanr694
Forum Guests

by karanr694 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:07 am

i think you should checkout the Masters programme at S.P JAIN global. It will provide you a great exposure.
karlk231
Forum Guests

by karlk231 Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:42 am

Wow, this whole conversation is so obviously a marketing ploy by SP Jain. Does anybody really believe that these people are actually real?
RavindraR945
Forum Guests

by RavindraR945 Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:29 am

SP Jain Global, I think. Though ISB has better overall rankings, SP Jain triumphs in essential factors like industry niche, faculty expertise (over 70% faculty members are doctorate) and global exposure. I'm pretty sure ISB can't boast about these things. So you better prefer SP Jain over ISB.