If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
lakhanrocks124
Forum Guests

School Selection - USD vs UNCC

by lakhanrocks124 Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:07 am

Hi Team,

I am an MBA aspirant from India. I have worked with an IT MNC for close to 4 years and have decent extracurricular. Currently aspiring to do an MBA in marketing from USA and I want to make my career in the field of marketing or consulting; basically which involves more of soft skills.

Now I have got an admit from University of San Diego – School of Business Administration and University of North Carolina, Charlotte i.e Belk School of Business. As I am not able to decide which would be a better option, I kindly request you to help me analyze the pros and cons.

Future Prospects -->

USD on one end is in CA which is near to the bay area and thus comparatively it is easier to develop networks and get a job there. According to my research across several sites USD graduates’ avg salary is around 75 K but surprisingly UNCC’s avg salary is 82 K. Thus I am not able to conclude which would be a better in terms of employability.

Program Cost -->

On the cost side; USD is way too expensive, my approximate cost at USD would be 75 K whereas in UNCC it would be only 60 K. So will it be worth spending so much extra money in USD ?

As I reside in India, I am not able to validate the ground reality of USA Colgs. Thus I kindly request you to help me with this decision.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Lakhan Khushalani
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: School Selection - USD vs UNCC

by mbamissionjenK Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi there,

Tough decision, and sounds like pros on either side/with either option.

If you would prefer to work in CA afterwards, it is true that you'll be able to make connections there even more easily while studying there, so that is a consideration.

One other point to consider though is that your cost of living will be MUCH higher in CA vs NC... cost of housing and life in general, just keep that in mind.

You may also want to continue reading about life in San Diego vs Charlotte; talk to some current students at each school etc, to assess. Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
StuwartB955
Forum Guests

Re: School Selection - USD vs UNCC

by StuwartB955 Mon May 18, 2020 3:51 am

JuniorL519 Wrote:School selection is definitely the most difficult decision to make. When I had to chose a school, I did consult a few case study writers but it wasn’t of much help to me. Because everyone had a different opinion and they didn’t match.

woo