If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
premk
Students

Scored 680 .. should i retake the test?

by premk Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:06 am

Hi,

I scored 680 (QA 50, VA 31, IR 8, AWA 5.5). This was my second attempt. In 1st attempt I had scored 570.

Probably, nervousness and mental fatigue were the prime reasons for my low score in Verbal. Should I retake it?

I have applied to ISB with my current score. Any chances of me getting a call? I did my grad from IIT BHU and have a work-ex of >3 years in a top steel industry.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Scored 680 .. should i retake the test?

by mbamissionjenK Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi there,

I don't know enough about you (all factors are considered-- details of your work experience; leadership; goals; recommendations; essays etc in the admissions decision, not just GMAT) to best assess your chances at ISB; your score is below their average but still within the realm of possible consideration if they love everything else about you. If you feel you could do better though, there's not a lot to lose by giving it another shot? Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php