deepika.gupta.mail
Students

sentence correction

by deepika.gupta.mail Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:09 am

Authoritative parents are more likely than permissive parents to have children who as adolescents are self-confident, high in self esteem, and responsibly independent.

A.Authoritative parents are more likely than permissive parents to have children who as adolescents are self-confident, high in self-esteem, and responsibly independent.
B.Authoritative parents who are more likely than permissive parents to have adolescent children that are self-confident, high in self-esteem, and responsibly independent.
C.Children of authoritative parents, rather than permissive parents, are the more likely to be self-confident, have a high self-esteem, and to be responsibly independent as adolescents.
D.Children whose parents are authoritative rather than being permissive, are more likely to have self-confidence, a high self-esteem, and be responsibly independent when they are an adolescent.
E.Rather than permissive parents, the children of authoritative parents are the more likely to have self-confidence, a high self-esteem, and to be responsibly independent as an adolescent

i feel its either D or C...but i dont know for sure...pls explain

thanks
krishnanakka
Students

Re: sentence correction

by krishnanakka Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:01 pm

I think it is A
jp.jprasanna
Students

Re: sentence correction

by jp.jprasanna Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:39 am

The correct answer is A - Dear Instruction could you please let me know if I have elimated the ans for the correct reasons

A. Authoritative parents are more likely than permissive parents to have children who as adolescents are self-confident, high in self-esteem, and responsibly independent. - CORRECT
B. Authoritative parents who are more likely than permissive parents to have adolescent children that are self-confident, high in self-esteem, and responsibly independent. - "Children that are" is worng
C. Children of authoritative parents, rather than permissive parents, are the more likely to be self-confident, have a high self-esteem, and to be responsibly independent as adolescents. - Wrong comparison that is " Children of authoritative parents, rather than permissive parents"
D. Children whose parents are authoritative rather than being permissive, are more likely to have self-confidence, a high self-esteem, and be responsibly independent when they are an adolescent. - Being is wrong - cant use being this way -also "when they are an adolescent" is placed wrongly
E. Rather than permissive parents, the children of authoritative parents are the more likely to have self-confidence, a high self-esteem, and to be responsibly independent
as an adolescent. - Same as C