If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
RonakC297
Students

Should I apply to ISB?

by RonakC297 Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:22 pm

GMAT Score : 650 (Q48, V31)
Work Ex : EY - 1 year (got 5/5 rating this year)
Academics : 90% in SSC HSC TYBCom
CA - 1st Attempt

Should I apply to ISB under EEO this year?

Or should I reappear next year after giving GMAT after 3-5 months and trying to get a 700+ score?

If I apply this year and do not get selected, will it affect my chances as a re-applicant next year?

Please guide.
Thanks!
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Should I apply to ISB?

by mbamissionjenK Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi there,

Certainly an increased GMAT would improve your chances since the 80th percentile range of the class often starts more like 680... so if you think you could improve with a couple of additional months I'd support that. And generally if it didn't work out re-applying is still an option next year. Good luck on your GMAT prep!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
RonakC297
Students

by RonakC297 Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:26 am

Hi. Thanks for your feedback.

Should I apply to SP JIMR 2 year PGDM programme with the said GMAT score and profile? Should I give it a try this year?
Any drastic difference in the placements of SP JIMR and ISB, considering I want to work in India, preferably in Mumbai.
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:15 am

Hi,

Well the 650 is generally the minimum required score for SP JIMR, so it doesn't disqualify you but it will not be easy when you are at their minimum score. Could you give it a shot? Sure, knowing it could be tough. As for placements etc, that is something you can research at each school, on their websites under employment statistics or hiring profiles, or by reaching out to their careers services & admissions offices. Good luck to you.
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php