If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
NejcR579
Forum Guests

Should I reinstate a 570? Which applic. deadline?

by NejcR579 Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:00 am

Dear admission consultant,

I took the GMAT on 4th of August and scored a 570 (Q42, V26). I decided to cancel my score as my target score is 600+.
600 is a score required for studying Master in Marketing at European universities I want to apply to.
With other words, both of the universities state that students whose score is below 600 are very unlikely to be further considered for admission to the program. Note, that these two universities are situated in Austria and Netherlands.

One has three deadlines: 8th of October, 8th of January and mid of March. The others deadline is 1st of May.
From what I've heard is that the earlier you apply, the more chances you have to get in, so I do not know what to do.

I am currently doing an internship (Market Research) in Shanghai and I will not be able to take the GMAT before the 8th of October, but I will definitively take it again!

A few lines about me:
- I used to be a sportsman competing for the national team on the international level until the second year of Bachelor
- We don't use the same scale for GPA, so in percentages my GPA would be 98%.
- I was a volunteer and I taught children how to kayak for three consecutive years
- I did another internship in the field of Marketing in 2013

What are your suggestions? Shall I reinstate my score and try to apply at least for the first one with a score of 570 or should I take the GMAT again somewhen by the end of November and therefore apply somewhen in December?
In addition, shall I reinstate my score in any way, being prepared for the worst case scenario when I am taking the GMAT again?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Should I reinstate a 570? Which applic. deadline?

by mbamissionjenK Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:16 am

Hi there--

I agree on going for a higher score; it would be quite tough to gain acceptance at the current level. Usually I see a lot of improvement with some good preparation from your score level (try Manhattan GMAT or Kaplan test prep programs). Yes generally earlier is better, but not at the sake of applying with an uncompetitive application....2nd round is likely a good option for you.
Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
NejcR579
Forum Guests

by NejcR579 Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Dear Mrs. Kedrowski,

thank you for your reply and I will follow your advice.

I have heard that I can ask the university admission office if I have some questions, but I have also heard that I have to be careful what I ask, when I ask,...
So, I am worried about two things for which I would like your help, if possible.

1) Both of the above mentioned universities require a TOEFL test (>90) unless the applicant is native English speaker or he/she has finished 3-year bachelor in English. I completed the first year in my mother tongue, the second year in English and the third year I will do in English, too.
Thus, I thought to write them an e-mail and ask if I am still required to take the TOEFL as I will complete two years of the bachelor in English.

2) The website of these two universities do not offer comprehensive course descriptions, so I have gathered some from current students, but I would like to have more of them and more detailed ones. Is it OK to write to the admission office and ask for the additional syllabus?

Thank you and best regards,

Nejc
mbamissionjenK
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbamissionjenK Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi Nejc,

Yes those are two appropriate questions to ask the admissions office, sure thing.

Best,
Jen
Jennifer Kedrowski
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
jen@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
JennaC436
Forum Guests

by JennaC436 Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:43 am

As far as from mine experience I would suggest you to give another try as it can help you to get the desired college of your choice and if you want then you can contact one my friend who posses much information in this field.