If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
explorer31
Course Students

Should I retake GMAT(650) for part time programs at Booth

by explorer31 Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Hello:

I am interested in applying to only the part times programs at Chicago Booth and Berkeley-Haas (still evaluating the program and hence tentative). I wrote GMAT twice and scores are as below:

1. 1st attempt 600 (Q45,V29),IR5.0
2. 2nd attempt 650 (Q42,V39), IR 3.0

I finished my masters in 2008 with GPA of 3.5. I have been working since then in various financial services and manage a team of 4 resources. That would be a total of ~8 yrs. My role is heavily focused on using quant based techniques combined with data analytics to create risk strategies (within consumer card industry).

I was all set to focus on my applications after my second attempt which was on May 30th. However, when I started reaching out to admissions consulting companies I have been getting mixed reviews on my gmat score asking to retake and aim for 700 score. I am pretty confused as I think for part time programs 650 is well within the range for Booth evening & weekend programs. Please let me know what would be the best way to proceed from here. I have pretty much exhausted all my prep material and mock tests twice at this point. I am not very sure how to improve my score by another 50 pts.

Appreciate everyone's suggestions!
mbaMissionMichael
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Should I retake GMAT(650) for part time programs at Booth

by mbaMissionMichael Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi, that is a good question.
If you are not confident that your GMAT score would improve by taking it a third time, then yes it can be time for you to focus on the rest of your application. The admissions committee will look at your application holistically, and while the GMAT is a very important part of your application, it is not the only part. While you have nothing to lose by taking the GMAT again, depending on your timeline, you may be better off devoting your time and energy to your application.
It will be important for you to be able to demonstrate that you have the quantitative ability to succeed in the MBA classroom. This can be shown in your GMAT, GPA and your work experience. The GPA you listed is strong, and it sounds like your role at work has been heavily quant focused, so those are both very positive.
If you would like, sign up for a free consultation where upon seeing your resume and other information, I can give you a more detailed analysis of what admissions committees will analyze – your stats, work experience, and extracurricular activities.
Michael Guttman, Senior Consultant
http://www.mbaMission.com
Michael@mbaMission.com
Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
eliteexpresst401
Forum Guests

Re: Should I retake GMAT(650) for pe art time programs at Booth

by eliteexpresst401 Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:28 am

hell.o dear,Thanks for the information sharing the programmers.these are good learner for computer languages.this provide coding part for with help programer.the working process for totally depend on the coding part.i working provide car towing sevice for the process.thanks for the post share information for good opporunity.