Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
SHAJI

SOFTWARE BUGS!!!

by SHAJI Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:38 am

Sirs;

The error I get consistently when posting replies in the GMAT Prep Forum

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1406 Data too long for column 'post_subject' at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text) VALUES (6521, 'Re: For any integer k from 1 to 10, inclusive, the kth of a cert', '59da92b283', '[quote:59da92b283=\"rschunti\"]For any integer k from 1 to 10, inclusive, the kth of a certain sequence is given by [(-1)^(k+1)]*(1 / 2^k). If T is the sum of the first 10 terms of the sequence, then T is: A. greater than 2 B. between 1 and 2 C. between 1/2 and 1 D. between 1/4 and 1/2 E. less than 1/4 This is GMATPREP question. What is the best approach to solve this problem quicker?[/quote:59da92b283] The terms are: 1/2,-1/4,1/8.......Geometric Progression The sum is tending to 1/3 So D is the correct answer.')

Line : 251
File : functions_post.php
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Hi Shaji, sorry for the problems you're experiencing. I'll forward this to tech support. In future, you can send directly to them at: techsupport@manhattangmat.com. (They don't read the posts here, just the instructors do - so better to tell them directly since we don't know anything about the technical stuff! :)
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep

Server down!

by Guest Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:51 am

The Manhattan GMAT server at http://www.manhattangmat.com has been down since 2:00PM PST on December 24th. I already sent an email to tech support. I doubt that anyone will read this anytime soon, but a response from the staff at Manhattan GMAT as to when this will be resolved would be greatly appreciated. I realize that it's the holidays but I'm sure that I'm not the only one cramming.

Jonathan
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Sorry about this guys. As you've hopefully already noticed, things are back up and running. Not sure whether they were doing some server maintenance and figured not many people would be studying on the holiday itself or whether there was some actual problem - sorry again for the inconvenience!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep