kumarashesh85
Students

Speed in Verbal

by kumarashesh85 Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi all,
The main issue I am facing is with speed in Verbal which is terribly affecting the score. Out of the first 30-31 questions I attempt in verbal, almost 24 - 25 questions get right (6-7 incorrect), but I do not get proper time to do the last 10 questions usually. I am sure, if I manage the time properly, I will get another 6-8 questions correct. How to manage time or increase the speed? I normally score 28-29 in verbal, which could be increased to at least 35 (my GMAT score last year was 630, Q48 V28).

I have improved in all sections of Verbal this time, and have completed OG12, currently doing OG Verbal Review. Will taking another practice test such as Manhattan GMAT Tests will be helpful? Or, any standard Drill which can help in increasing the speed in Verbal? Please advise.

One more thing, as I have very less time left I cannot take all the full test of MGMAT (if I purchase it), so I plan to do only the verbal part of the tests like one Verbal test every alternate day and review it. Is it possible or we need to do the full test (maths and verbal both) to review one of the sections?

I took GMATPrep 1st Diagnostic yesterday and got 640 (Q49, V28) that was quite disappointing as I suffered with the same speed issue.

I hope I will get better in maths (50 or 51) so I need 34+ in Verbal to get 700+ score.

My GMAT is scheduled on 24th October, 2011.