The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
doesNA
Forum Guests

Suggestions: 2 weeks until test day

by doesNA Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi!

I've done 4 Manhattan CATs + 1 GMAT prep

GMATP1: 620 (39Q, 35V)
MGMAT1: 690 (41Q,42V)
MGMAT2: 620 (44Q,34V)
MGMAT3: 660 (42Q,38V)
MGMAT4: 680 (46Q,36V)

Even though I did the best on the first one, I feel MUCH better overall in terms of timing. I did the GMATprep my first week of studying in which I didn't know all the content.

Apart from focusing on number properties + some types of critical reasoning questions based on my report assessment, are there other types I should be looking for? I've treated all these exams as I would in a test-center: time-breaks, did the essays, etc.

I have 2 weeks left before the real thing and plan on doing 3 more practice exams. Should I be reinforcing strengths or mitigating weaknesses?
timur.ivannikov
Students

Re: Suggestions: 2 weeks until test day

by timur.ivannikov Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Hey,

In general, I would recommend focusing on your weaknesses and lightly reviewing everything else:

1) For your strong topics, work on the more difficult problems and go back to review if something is not 100% clear.
2) For your weak topics, work through most of the problems one more time but give yourself some rest, especially the evening before the exam.

When it comes to taking the official GMAT prep practice exam #2, I would recommend taking it a week in advance, definitely not the day before the actual exam. However, you know yourself best, so if taking multiple exams in a short period of time works for you then obviously go ahead :).