The smoke has cleared, the test has come and gone. Feel free to share your experiences with your peers.
danishfk
Students

Technology Issue, Score dropped 40

by danishfk Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:26 pm

After I was done with the AWA section, I took the 8 minute break. I was back within 3 minutes only to find out that the lady operating the system couldn't get it back up.

Myself and a couple other test takers could not get back in!

When I got back to the Quant section, I noticed I was down to 68 minutes remaining!

I let the proctor know about this and he said don't worry the time will be added back.

I proceeded with the test and ended up rushing a lot of questions.

Long story short I bombed the Exam :(

This was my second attempt, I got 580 on my first attempt a little more than a month ago and I got 540 on this one!!!! :( :( :(

Yesterday I scored 650 on GMAT prep and the day before I scored 640 on MGMAT Exam.

The proctor gave me a complaint number/issue code.

What do I do now ? I want to re-write it next week, is that possible ?

Any help would be great appreciated.
todorap
Students

Re: Technology Issue, Score dropped 40

by todorap Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:42 am

I took the test last week and had at least 5 breakdowns of the system waiting to fix it, it was not the internet, they said the system was enhanced recently, it's a pity, this added additionally to my nervs! As we pay so much money for prep and test - please fix your systems!!!
greystealth
Course Students

by greystealth Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Where did you guys both take the test??
JJ32
Course Students

by JJ32 Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 am

I took the GMAT (London Holborn) test centre. My computer kept freezing on a question and then when the computer would start again the time would have moved by two or three minutes.
This happened to several people taking the exam at that time. The exam proctor was aware of the issue an alerted the technology person who came into the room and commented that we actually had not lost time and we all disagreed that we had lost time in during the exam (this was all happening during the exam).
The proctor gave us each an incident number and said the GMAT would look into it.
When I emailed GMAT they confirmed that they had looked into the incident and that I had not lost time in the exam. After the exam I was under the impression that they were aware of the technology issue and would deal with it appropriately, but once the exam was over GMAT seemed to push the technology incident to the side.Very frustrating that there is nothing you can do, since GMAT has a monopoly on the MBA standardised test.
greystealth
Course Students

by greystealth Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:07 pm

Ouch that really sucks, I've heard of a number of incidents like this all over through beatthegmat . com . Hope something like this doesn't happen to me on my test day.
james.preGMAT
Forum Guests

by james.preGMAT Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 pm

What is that?!! How can we trust on to that important exam?