Does the conclusion escape you? Has understanding the tone of the passage gotten you down? Get help here.
Eddie Gutia
Students

Television's invention

by Eddie Gutia Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:31 pm

This is a question from MGMAT RC study guide.
Passage B: Television's invention
Q) Which of the following best illustrates the relationship between the second and third paragraphs?

Option E: The second paragraph presents divergent visions about the possible uses of a technological device; the third paragraph initiates a debate about the ramifications of one of those perspectives.

My Question: The first line of the third paragraph is not a ramification of one of the perspective described in the second passage. Rather it merely provides additional information about the point "Sarnoff had already utilized this construct to develop the radio industry" which is mentioned in the second passage. Can you please confirm? If what I said is correct, option E might not be the right choice.
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Television's invention

by jnelson0612 Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:56 am

GUTHEY.ADITYA Wrote:This is a question from MGMAT RC study guide.
Passage B: Television's invention
Q) Which of the following best illustrates the relationship between the second and third paragraphs?

Option E: The second paragraph presents divergent visions about the possible uses of a technological device; the third paragraph initiates a debate about the ramifications of one of those perspectives.

My Question: The first line of the third paragraph is not a ramification of one of the perspective described in the second passage. Rather it merely provides additional information about the point "Sarnoff had already utilized this construct to develop the radio industry" which is mentioned in the second passage. Can you please confirm? If what I said is correct, option E might not be the right choice.

Hi there!
I'm not sure where this passage is in the book, so I can't find it to help.

Will you please post the page number and full text with answers? Then we're happy to help. Thanks!
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor