Math questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test.
skvignesh
Students

Test 6 easier???

by skvignesh Wed May 27, 2009 6:37 am

Hi All,

I have taken 1 free and 5 MGMAT tests till today, I was originally given to believe that it will be 1 + 6 but now I get 1+5, is this due to any error. Any possible help on this is greatly appreciated.

Second point I am looking for everyone's opinion is a strange phenomenon that I have noticed

I scored the following

MGMAT 1 (Free) 47 Q - 35 V - 680
MGMAT 2 47 Q - 35 V - 680
MGMAT 3 46 Q - 36 V - 680
MGMAT 4 49 Q - 39 V - 700
MGMAT 5 50 Q - 38 V - 720
MGMAT 6 51 Q - 35 V - 700

The strangness here is that, when I scored a 50 and 51 in Quants, the final question's difficulty was not 700-800, it was not even 600-700, to my surprise on both the occassions, it was 500-600. I was just getting curious as to if the test system was running out of questions in the highest difficulty bucket and hence was awarding me higher raw score for an easier question?

I have my GMAT very soon, can anyone help me in getting this clarified, I know that my math is fine, but a 47 and 35 would spoil my dreams... so I am just a bit scared.
JonathanSchneider
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Test 6 easier???

by JonathanSchneider Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:51 pm

6 exams in total. The first (free) one is #1. If you need more, download the two at mba.com.

It's possible that the question pool was getting a bit thin if you were operating in the 700-800 range most of the way throughout the six tests. Of course, the algorithm has to give you a certain number of questions in various topics as well, so it may have been that there were simply no high-level questions remaining in that topic area. However, one question in that range should not throw off your score too much, assuming that you get it right.
vinitha3182

by vinitha3182 Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:25 am

Hey .. I gave my gmat and scored only 460. Can u suggest me how to study . My verbal is poor. I am planning to give one more time. Please help me.. Thanks
RonPurewal
Students

by RonPurewal Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:43 am

vinitha3182 Wrote:Hey .. I gave my gmat and scored only 460. Can u suggest me how to study . My verbal is poor. I am planning to give one more time. Please help me.. Thanks

hi -

well, we certainly can't tell you how to study for the whole test - or for the entire verbal section (which seems to be what you're asking) - in one forum thread.

if you really have NO idea where to start, then you should follow the student study organizer. (you're logged onto the forum as a student, so, presumably, you have access to this.) if you do the assignments in the order specified in the organizer, following along with the class (or class recordings, if you've bought a self-study program), then that should be a good start.

once you've finished with the class (or recordings), and done a substantial amount of the homework, you should be more prepared to ask SPECIFIC questions about what you need to review.

right now, though, you should probably stick with the process as detailed in your study organizer.

by the way, this question is posted in the wrong folder; this is the MGMAT CAT MATH folder, which is intended to contain questions about math problems from our MGMAT practice tests.