Have some thoughts on your particular Instructor or Tutor? Let us know!
rajeevtenneti
Students

Thank You MGMAT

by rajeevtenneti Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:11 pm

Dear MGMAT staff and Forum contributors,

I scored 620 on GMAT exam today,although I prepared on my own for the GMAT exam ,I feel that MGMAT forums helped me a lot. I am very thankful to all the forum contributors and especially MGMAT staff for the explanations.
I scored 560 and 590(just took this Practice test 2 yesterday!! ) on GMAT prep practice tests and felt devastated ! I tried to understand where I went wrong in each of these tests and checked explanations to each question(only quant) on the this forum ! I wish i checked verbal as well,but didnt have enough time ! This forum is of great help to students like me .
Also i want to mention that OG didnt help me much in improving my score ,In math i felt the questions were of elementary level in OG and bore little resemblance (in terms of level of diffculty) to the ' problems '(questions) i faced in GMAT Prep and in GMAT exam(questions in these tests were harder !! ).
Having said all this (i am not on cloud 9 at the moment ) i feel 620 is not a good score to get into a top rated college ,my perception is simple (Good score --> top college),I scored 48 on quant and 27 on (, which i low as per GMAT percentile table indicates).I think with a bit more careful preparation i might make it in the range of 680-700.
I want you to help me (again ! am i asking too much ?) by suggesting me a study and practice material that i should follow to get a above an average score in verbal (70-80% ).

Best Regards
Rajeev .