Verbal questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test. Topic subject should be the first few words of your question.
renukaagarwal83
Course Students

The recruitment and development of talent is...

by renukaagarwal83 Thu May 08, 2014 5:24 pm

GMAT Team -

I'm having issues on question #36 of CAT 5. The question is below:

"The passage suggests which of the following about the "additional responsibilities" cited in the second sentence of the third paragraph?

A. They are probably in areas not as traditionally associated with female leadership.
B. They are in departments that used to be run by a man.
C. They are similar to responsibilities that these women have already successfully undertaken.
D. They include speaking at industry conferences on behalf of these women’s organizations.
E. They are more important than these women’s prior responsibilities in the Human Resources area."

the correct answer is A. I thought the correct answer was E. Right before the sentence in question, the passage states "...the preponderance of female heads of Human Resources departments and the higher prioritization of talent development have combined to give many female executives increased authority and influence.." Wouldn't increased authority and influence translate to greater importance, meaning E?

Please let me know - thanks!
RonPurewal
Students

Re: The recruitment and development of talent is...

by RonPurewal Mon May 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Please read the forum rules.

We need:
"- The complete text of the problem;
"- The complete text of all answer choices.

Thanks.

These aren't random rules; it's actually impossible for us to answer the question without these things. We can't answer a question that isn't there!

More importantly, the primary purpose of the forum is to serve as a reference for future readers"”who will need to see the problem being addressed.

(Also, just so you know, "#36 of CAT 5" is a meaningless descriptor. This is an adaptive test, so, if the same question appears in other people's tests, it will appear with a different problem # and maybe even a different test #.)

Please post the full question. Thanks.