Strategy Guides, Question Banks, Homework Banks, and all other MPREP GMAT Non-CAT related IR questions.
vikram4689
Students

timing

by vikram4689 Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:05 pm

i consistently score 50 on quant and solve most of the questions in much less than average time of 2 min. but on IR i take more time and score badly. on a recent, mgmat cat i scored 4.5 on IR and 51 on quant.

can you help me find out the reason for this discrepancy. it will help me to focus on right areas

one more question: does score affected, as it does for quant and verbal, if i leave few questions un-answered/un-attempted
tim
Course Students

Re: timing

by tim Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 am

my understanding is that your IR score is based on the number of correct answers, so in that case it is to your advantage to make sure you answer every question. you obviously have a concern about timing on IR; have you analyzed why you are taking longer? have you taken steps to correct this? you have far more information than we do at this point and are therefore far better equipped to answer this question on your own. once you've analyzed your performance and tried some solutions, feel free to write us again with more specific questions and we'll be glad to help you further..
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html