Verbal questions from any Manhattan Prep GMAT Computer Adaptive Test. Topic subject should be the first few words of your question.
thanhtng91
Forum Guests

Unearthed in China, fossils of feathered dinosaurs

by thanhtng91 Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Unearthed in China, fossils of feathered dinosaurs offer the most dramatic evidence yet discovered of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds.

A. offer the most dramatic evidence yet discovered of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds
B. offer evidence more dramatic than what has yet been discovered of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds
C. offer more dramatic evidence of the close evolutionary relationship than any yet discovered between dinosaurs and birds
D. have offered the most dramatic evidence of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds that have yet been discovered
E. have offered more dramatic evidence than any that has yet been discovered of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds

I found the topic of this question, but the topic is locked. I have the screenshot for the question. I tried to post the link of the old topic as well as the screenshot of the question, but the post got flagged as spam.

The correct answer is A. Can you explain this part of the sentence "offer the most dramatic evidence yet discovered"? And what is wrong with the comparison in B?

Thanks
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Unearthed in China, fossils of feathered dinosaurs

by jnelson0612 Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:52 pm

thanhtng91 Wrote:Unearthed in China, fossils of feathered dinosaurs offer the most dramatic evidence yet discovered of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds.

A. offer the most dramatic evidence yet discovered of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds
B. offer evidence more dramatic than what has yet been discovered of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds
C. offer more dramatic evidence of the close evolutionary relationship than any yet discovered between dinosaurs and birds
D. have offered the most dramatic evidence of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds that have yet been discovered
E. have offered more dramatic evidence than any that has yet been discovered of the close evolutionary relationship between dinosaurs and birds

I found the topic of this question, but the topic is locked. I have the screenshot for the question. I tried to post the link of the old topic as well as the screenshot of the question, but the post got flagged as spam.

The correct answer is A. Can you explain this part of the sentence "offer the most dramatic evidence yet discovered"? And what is wrong with the comparison in B?

Thanks

Please view this thread as it has a lot of good info about why the other answers are wrong: a-difficult-sc-2-t13762.html

The "offer" phrase simply means that the fossils give us the best evidence ever of the close evolutionary relationship between birds and dinosaurs. This is just a more complicated way of saying that idea.
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor