If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
ShivaniS604
Course Students

Until when should i have my final score with me?

by ShivaniS604 Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 am

Hi,

I am planning to join in September'19 session. I wanted to know that until when i should have my final score with me so that i am able to join in September'19?
mbaMissionKrista
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Until when should i have my final score with me?

by mbaMissionKrista Thu May 10, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks for posting. I think this will depend on whether you want to apply in R1 or R2. Personally, I prefer R1 applications so if we assume mid-September deadlines, I like to see a candidate try the GMAT at least twice before application deadline time. Please do not wait until the last minute and only schedule one attempt right before the deadlines! That is a risky strategy because then you really don't know your chances before you start working on your apps. If you take the exam in July, you'll have a general sense of where you stand. Then you can work on your apps and try the exam again just prior to deadlines.
Hope that helps!
Krista
ShivaniS604
Course Students

by ShivaniS604 Wed May 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Thanks a lot.
I have one more question. If i have attempted the first GMAT and accepted my score as well, then the 5 schools that i select will get my score report. Now when i re-attempt the GMAT before the R1 deadlines, then will those 5 schools receive my updated score automatically? Or i will have to re-apply with my new score?
mbaMissionKrista
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by mbaMissionKrista Thu May 17, 2018 6:43 am

Hey @ShivaniS604
This is one of those detail questions that I honestly wouldn't want to steer you wrong on! Your best bet is to contact the schools and ask if you need to resend your scores with each attempt.
My best,
Krista