If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
cd

Unusual question

by cd Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:48 pm

I'm 22 years old. Graduated from Villanova University with a BA in Economics, cum laude, 3.50 GPA (3.75 if you ignore my first year).

I haven't taken the GMAT. I currently work for a Big Four firm doing valuations. In my spare time I'm a board member of a local United Way affiliated charity and I had a ton of extracurricular/leadership in college.

My question is this: 1) If I get a high GMAT will I be a candidate for a top tier business school provided I get sufficient work experience? 2) How much work experience do I absolutely need for me to have a shot at getting into a top program before I can apply? I'm really anxious to go back to school.
MBAApply

by MBAApply Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:47 pm

In short, yes outside of HBS and Stanford. Wharton would probably be a big long shot. Schools such as Kellogg, Chicago, Columbia and Sloan would be stretches, but worth applying to. As for experience, go when you're ready. Don't wait for the sake of waiting, but once you have 2 - 3 years under your belt, consider applying.

Alex
alex@mbaapply.com
www.mbaapply.com
http://mbaapply.blogspot.com