Does the conclusion escape you? Has understanding the tone of the passage gotten you down? Get help here.
shrikantbhaiya
Students

Verbal Speed Improvement

by shrikantbhaiya Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:37 am

Dear Instructor,

I have problem regarding my speed in verbal section. I have done with critical reasoning problems from OG and found that, I am taking 18min for 10 problems with reasonably good accuracy. Kindly give me some suggestion in a way I can improve my speed without affecting my accuracy. I am taking Gmat on 24th Nov. Hardly some time remaining for my exam. I have not taken any GMAT practice test till now, however, palnned to take 5 before appearing for final exam.

Thanks & Regards,
Shrikant
jnelson0612
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Verbal Speed Improvement

by jnelson0612 Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:39 pm

shrikant,
If I understand correctly, you can accurately complete ten critical reasoning questions in 18 minutes? That is under two minutes per question and is an excellent rate of speed. I really don't think you need to move any faster than that.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,
Jamie Nelson
ManhattanGMAT Instructor
shrikantbhaiya
Students

by shrikantbhaiya Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your reply.
In 18 min I could do 10 questions with 8 or 9 correct from OG. I have started doing SC also from OG and I could do 10 questions in 13 to 14 min with 7 or 8 correct. Accuracy in SC is not very good for me,however I am still trying to improve by referring Manhattan SC guide every time. I have done with 90 questions of SC from OG , after finishing OG, from where should I practice SC questions?
I will be taking my 1st manhattan test today planning to finish at least 3 as my final GMAT is on 24th.

Regards,
Shrikant
ChrisB
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by ChrisB Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi Shrikant,

Studying from the OG is a great way to get practice but you still have more than 1,000 problems to work through in the OG and the supplemental guides. As well, you may not have noticed but the difficulty of the problems increases with the problem number so problem 1 is the "easiest" and problem 140 is one the "hardest."

You need to consider your accuracy and pacing at all levels of difficulty.

Once you're done with the OG post a follow up because for now there isn't a better resource for problems to work through.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Brusznicki
MGMAT Instructor
Chicago, IL