Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.

Weekly Homework

by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:22 pm

I just completed my third class session and wasn't able to complete all of the homework prior to the class session. How would you recommend fitting the # Properties and Subject-Verb OG questions in that I missed?

It seems like quite a daunting task to add that into the work I have for session 4.

Thanks,
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:54 pm

DON'T do everything that's there! We give people a lot so that they can choose to go deeper on the areas that give them trouble, plus we don't want people to run out of material. But you don't need to do every last thing.

Watch the lab.
Read the strategy guide assignments
Do SOME of the in-action problems at the end of each chapter in the strategy guide. If you're doing well, move on. If not, do more of those in-action problems.
Do SOME of the problems in the OG problem sets, but NOT all. Save some for review at the end of the course. Make sure you do some of the easier ones and some of the harder ones (they get harder as the numbers get higher) but don't do every last one - just do enough to feel relatively comfortable.

Also remember that you are going to have strengths and weaknesses and also remember that some things show up more frequently and some things show up less frequently on the test. For example, if I had to choose between studying rate problems or combinatorics problems, I'd go for rate problems b/c they show up a lot more. (Ask your teacher for pointers if you don't know which things are more frequent vs. less frequent.)

Finally, if you fall behind, let that stuff go and work on the new stuff for the next week. Only once you finish that (if you do) should you play catch up on prior weeks. Most people need 2-4 weeks at the end of the course to finish reviewing and going back over things they struggled with the first time around.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep