Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
neil.saxon
Course Students

What would you do?

by neil.saxon Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Short version:
3.2 B.S Physical Education/Sports Marketing
5 years Navy officer (engineer, mostly leadership roles)
Medical Device sales 07-Present (5yrs)
620 GMAT

Current income is wildly different each year and very stressful for that reason. It's sales, so it's high risk, high reward. Many of my colleagues dismiss the MBA and the ones that do have it do not necessarily stand out because of it/ after-all, its all about the numbers. After having wild income swings, $200K one year then $110K the next, then another $185K, then a $90K not to mention the constant stress of being fired (even after an amazing year) So you can see my dillema, I would like to possibly do a career transition into another filed and hoping the MBA can help. I also own a medical practice with my wife with 20 employees but I manly serve as CFO, handling Payroll, expenses, vendor relationships.

So, with that background, is now the time for an MBA? Also, with my current GMAT I am pretty sure I can get into Pepperdine, but wondering if I should take the GMAT again, and shoot for UCLA. My career aspirations would be to either go into Finance dealing with M&A, business valuations, and the like. OR, some type of sales management role.

I plan to stay in Los Angeles after school.
shreyamalhotra62
Forum Guests

Re: What would you do?

by shreyamalhotra62 Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 am

i know its too late to reply but for people who visit this page, might get the useful information.
Amity MBA , is the university which will give best of the knowledge and great career in the future.you could get many options for various options for different specializations you get interest in.
MBA is the thing which you can do when you feel like, age does not matter.
JannyH227
Forum Guests

Re: What would you do?

by JannyH227 Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:15 am

Okay thanks for the info