Discuss the pros and cons of individual programs, and their admissions criteria, with your peers here.
sunilrawat
Students

Which schools to apply?

by sunilrawat Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:25 am

I am a 25 year old Indian male.
I scored a 640 in GMAT (Q45, V32, AWA 5.0). GPA 2.4/4. I have an experience of 32 months in business development in energy sector.
I know my score is quite low but I am looking forward to pursue MBA this year only.
Please suggest some good schools I can apply to with this score.
shreyamalhotra62
Forum Guests

Re: Which schools to apply?

by shreyamalhotra62 Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 am

with your so good scoring you can try for
amity India
, north point , sK somaiya, pillai college.
bhanotshreya9
Forum Guests

by bhanotshreya9 Fri May 02, 2014 3:02 am

I have four years of work experience and I would now like to pursue my MBA this year. I have started preparing for GMAT. I have heard about a college called SP Jain which offers a GMBA program. Can someone please suggest whether it is a good program or not?
briandsouza
Forum Guests

by briandsouza Fri May 02, 2014 3:07 am

I am currently pursuing the GMBA program at SP Jain and it has been a very good experience. GMBA program is for people with more than three years of working experience and hence it would be perfect for you. Moreover it is a tri-city course which gives us a lot of exposure. It is ranked among the world’s best MBA programs.
bhanotshreya9
Forum Guests

by bhanotshreya9 Fri May 02, 2014 3:10 am

briandsouza Wrote:I am currently pursuing the GMBA program at SP Jain and it has been a very good experience. GMBA program is for people with more than three years of working experience and hence it would be perfect for you. Moreover it is a tri-city course which gives us a lot of exposure. It is ranked among the world’s best MBA programs.

Thank you so much for replying
bhanotshreya9
Forum Guests

by bhanotshreya9 Fri May 02, 2014 3:11 am

Does S P Jain offer any other programs other than GMBA?
briandsouza
Forum Guests

by briandsouza Fri May 02, 2014 3:13 am

Yes it does. They offer courses like EMBA, GMB, BBA etc. go through this link for more information www.spjain.org/programs.aspx
VarunN658
Forum Guests

by VarunN658 Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:03 am

Heyo,

I have the same question - which b-school to join S P Jain or ISB? Which can help me to go global in terms of learning and working bit.

I am researching on this bit. Is there anyone who can help me out with the better insights about both the b-schools that can help me to decide this.

Regards,
Varun
ArmanM2
Forum Guests

by ArmanM2 Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:03 am

VarunN658 Wrote:Heyo,

I have the same question - which b-school to join S P Jain or ISB? Which can help me to go global in terms of learning and working bit.

I am researching on this bit. Is there anyone who can help me out with the better insights about both the b-schools that can help me to decide this.

Regards,
Varun

Varun,

Did you get what you were looking for?
SnehaB196
Forum Guests

by SnehaB196 Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:17 am

Both ISB Hyderbad and SP Jain School are great schools for Management. The Financial Times "Global MBA Ranking 2014” ranked ISB Hyderabad 36th in the world but just because SP Jain School did not make it to this elite list does not mean it lags behind in terms of quality MBA education.
Here are a few advantages of each:
SP Jain provides a tri-city (Dubai, Singapore, Sydney) MBA program with an Australian degree. If you want to work in a global marketplace, this degree would give you the cutting-edge advantage. You’ll learn how to work in 3 cultures—Arab, Chinese and western. If you’re looking for management jobsoverseas, this is the course would give you the kind of exposure you need. The program costs over Rs. 8 lakhs.
ISB Hyderabad hasformal associations with LBS and Kelloggs. Last year, this B-school attracted the highest number of recruiters offering some of the highest pay packages in India. ISB has an international faculty and offers an extraordinary opportunity for business learning. If you’re looking for opportunities with global companies while based in India, you might want to consider ISB. Their 2-year MBA program costs over Rs. 6 lakhs.
ajitj878
Forum Guests

by ajitj878 Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:02 am

This discussion has been pretty insightful. Last year I had got a GMAT score of 550, couldn’t get through any good colleges though. This year I am planning to re-apply and give my GMAT and aim to get a score of 700 (fingers crossed). How are my chances of getting into S P Jain School of Global Management?
ramk784
Forum Guests

by ramk784 Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:15 am

Hi! 550 is indeed low for really good colleges to consider. Of course GMAT score is not the only criteria that matters. Colleges also look at various other criteria such as your previous work experience, specific talent if any etc. Do you have any prior work experience?
ajitj878
Forum Guests

by ajitj878 Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:27 am

Nope. I just finished by graduation – I did a BBA from Delhi University and scored pretty well in three years, also I am pretty active in sports (i.e. if they consider a sports quota).
ramk784
Forum Guests

by ramk784 Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:37 am

Really don’t know about the sports quota. But for students who do not have any prior work experience, S P Jain Global offers their MGB program. You could also look at INSEAD or probably NUS! They are also in Singapore and are amazing from what I’ve heard.
ajitj878
Forum Guests

by ajitj878 Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:44 am

Yeah but which one would you recommend out of the three? And also could you please tell me your background? If you are an ex-student, counselor or current student? Just to ensure that you are unbiased.