If you have any concerns about business school applications, deadlines, etc. mbaMission Admissions Consultants will answer your questions!
MdAbuAsad
Course Students

Will CCNA and CCNP add value getting job ?

by MdAbuAsad Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 am

I've a passion for studying with Technology. I've already completed my bachelor's degree with major Management. Now, I intend to complete my MBA program from US university with Finance. I am taking some CISCO (only CCNA) training from an organization in my country, and want to be CCNA,CCNP, etc certified. My question is: Will it add value after completion of MBA when I'll try for getting a fantastic job in USA?

in addition, is it possible to get admission in any IT related course after having CCNA certification?
Thanks.
mbaMissionKate
Prospective Students

Re: Will CCNA and CCNP add value getting job ?

by mbaMissionKate Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:57 am

Hi there. Thanks for your question. I'll admit I'm not an expert in the technology field so I don't know much about those certifications other than having seen them on some resumes in the past. In general, professional certifications can help because they demonstrate you are qualified in key technical skill areas. Plus, if the certification requires you to take a rigorous course or test, it demonstrates your ability to manage that challenge.

Your question though really depends on what kind of job you ideally want after you get your MBA - Finance or IT? I'd start there and take a look at some job postings online to see if they require or prefer those certifications. Those seem like very specific technology certifications so I would pursue them if you're certain you want to work in a networking engineering role.

Good luck!
Kate Richardson
mbaMission
www.mbamission.com
kate@mbamission.com

Register for a free 30 minute consult with an MBA Admissions Consultant: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
AmeliyaR921
Forum Guests

Re: Will CCNA and CCNP add value getting job ?

by AmeliyaR921 Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:00 am

Can anyone suggest me ccna interview questions and tips? My younger brother will be going for interview in two days. Any suggestions would be helpful.