Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
LoreleiY705
Course Students

Yellow pad setup time

by LoreleiY705 Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:29 am

I took the GMAT on November 9 and am still waiting on an official score report from GMAC. In the meantime, I'm worried about having done something wrong during the exam itself. During the 1:30 instruction window before the quant section started (I took the quant first), I used about a minute of time to set up my pad. In retrospect, I'm not 100% confident that was allowed. Is it possible my score's been cancelled due to a violation of testing center rules for this reason?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Yellow pad setup time

by StaceyKoprince Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:37 am

Hmm, I don't think that should have caused a problem with getting your official score. Have you logged into your mba.com account to check? Many students have told me that the email alert has gone to their spam folder and they just noticed their scores when they logged into their account to check.

In the testing center, it's true that you're not supposed to write before the exam section starts—but I've had lots of students tell me that, when they've done the same, they've just been told to wait until the exam actually starts. (And other students haven't been told anything and they received their scores as usual.)

If there isn't anything in your mba.com account, look at their Contact Us page and call the local or toll-free number for wherever you are. The waiting times can be rather long right now because of everything going on with the pandemic, so call at a time when you have the time to wait.

Let us know what happens!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep