opulence2001
Thanks Received: 4
Forum Guests

PT17, S1, G2 - Policy, Quality, and Sales Committees

by opulence2001 Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:06 pm

Could someone break down this game for me please?

I used this section to practice my pacing and when I ran across this game I ended up skipping it altogether because the third rule really threw me off. It says All Three officers must be assigned to the Policy Committee. Really? Does this in fact mean that the policy committee is spoken for because F,G,and H go there?

giladedelman
Thanks Received: 833
LSAT Geek

Re: PT17 S1 G2

by giladedelman Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Yes!!! That's exactly what it means!

I know that seems like an unusual constraint, but it's not our job to think about stuff like that. It's our job to interpret the constraints literally, and then make whatever valid inferences we can.

Now that you understand the constraints, why don't you take one more shot at this game, and see what you come up with?

opulence2001
Thanks Received: 4
Forum Guests

Re: PT17 S1 G2

by opulence2001 Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:28 pm

I went ahead with this game, and I was able to go through the questions. It's a shame I didn't just go for it when I was doing my pacing exercise because it's not a bad game at all. The rule just seemed way too simple, and I second guessed my understanding:x

mcrittell
Thanks Received: 5
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Diagram

by mcrittell Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:20 pm

I have the diagram as followed:

P-F/G/H
Q-(F/G/H)/(l/m/k)/(k/l/m)
S-k/(F/G/H)/(l/m)

How else would you diagram this?

giladedelman
Thanks Received: 833
LSAT Geek

by giladedelman Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:25 pm

I wouldn't recommend writing out all the possibilities for every slot, though maybe putting F/G/H in Q and S makes sense if you don't mind the clutter. My diagram looks like this (rotated ninety degrees, of course):

P: F G H
Q: _ _ _
S: K _ _

matthew.mainen
Thanks Received: 7
Jackie Chiles
Jackie Chiles

by matthew.mainen Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:10 am

This game and the others for this test seemed a bit more difficult than what I saw in the past 16 tests. How do these games rank in difficulty compared to current tests?