Ltlacosse32
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Diagram

by Ltlacosse32 Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 am

I was able to figure out the diagram under a minute, but in the third edition there was really no explanation of how to approach a game where every variable interacts. I quickly came to the conclusion that writing all the inferences would take to long. My specific question is how should I approach a game where every rule interacts and also should I make inferences?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3807
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Diagram

by ohthatpatrick Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi, there.

I'm a little confused by your question. This game is just a normal ol' Relative Ordering game.

So all of Chapter 3 is about this type of game. Check out the diagram provided on pg. 596 of the 3rd edition to see if that jogs your memory for what Relative Ordering games are (they feature The Tree diagram).

We agree: writing all the inferences would take too long. That's what the The Tree is good for.

Check out Chapter 3 again for tips/advice on this type of game and be sure to follow-up with us here if you have any questions about any of that.

CissyM281
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by CissyM281 Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Can someone please show me how to diagram this?

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3807
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ohthatpatrick Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Sure, it's always challenging to type visual stuff in here (and we lost our ability to post pictures).

So I'd recommend you try to download this pdf from your student center (make sure you're logged in)
https://www.manhattanprep.com/lsat/down ... t43-69.pdf

It's got visual explanations for all the games from 43 to 69.

When you link together all the ordering rules, you get a Tree that looks like this:

K --- I
....\
P--- H -- O --- L
..../.............../
N ............G