Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

phillip.popkin
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Inconsistency in the RC section

by phillip.popkin Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi, I tend to score very well when the RC section is first compared to when it is last because my mind is fresh. How can I remove this discrepancy? It can be as big as a 9 point difference for me. Thanks

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Inconsistency in the RC section

by tommywallach Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Sadly, there's no easy answer for this. Obviously what you're talking about is mental fatigue, which is common. Reading comprehension does indeed require the most focus (in terms of duration), so it's not surprising that's where you have the biggest problem. All you can do is keep practicing: particularly practicing when tired. Consider doing an RC section every night before bed, when you're tired out from your day at work? Also, if you don't take notes on RC passages yet, you should start. If you're already taking notes, consider taking even more detailed notes, or stopping every paragraph (as opposed to doing all notes at the end), in order to give yourself time to think/process before you have to start reading again.

Good luck!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com