Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

glomoran1990
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Limited Time: Perfecting strengths or improving weaknesses?

by glomoran1990 Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Hello amazingly talented Manhattan Prep :) ,

So I'm about to take the test October 3rd, 2015. With only a couple days left I'm wondering how to best use my time.

I've been taking a prep-test every other day since class ended. Logic games are my biggest weakness. I typically only make it half way through the 3rd game. Typically I do perfect on my first two (maybe get a substitute the rule question wrong). But I'm just not fast enough and I usually get overwhelmed and freeze on the 3rd game at some point. Logical reasoning is my strength. The first LR section I typically get 2-3 wrong. The 2nd LR section I get a couple more wrong - I think because it's after I do the stupid logic games and freak myself out. Reading comp is alright (kind of weak too). 7 question wrongs is my average.

So what should I focus on the next couple days? Do I work on perfecting my LR skills and realize LG is a lost cause at this point, or do I do just the opposite? I have a feeling I'm going to retake the test anyways (was shooting for 170 but I really didn't have the time I hoped for for studying and I'm only in low 160's) but I still want to give this my all! If I can get 165 or higher I wont cancel the score (thats my current goal). Otherwise I think I will cancel.

Thank you!!!!!

Gloria

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Limited Time: Perfecting strengths or improving weaknesses?

by tommywallach Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:35 am

Hey Glomoran,

Sorry this is coming late, but the good news is it wouldn't have mattered. We always tell people that the last few days just don't make much of a difference. You're not going to see any kind of major improvement in that time, so you're best to just focus on keeping up your skills and getting a lot of sleep. Which means the answer to your question is WAY more on the side of cementing what you know than trying to get better at anything.

Good luck tomorrow!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com