Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

Mdimachkie
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

LSAT Rut/ Prep Test Scores Getting Worse?

by Mdimachkie Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:29 am

Hello All,

I'm posting because I have definitely hit an lsat studying rut and I'd love some guidance as to where I should go from here. I started Manhattan Preps Interact around the first week of February, and I originally intended on taking the June lsat, but Its looking like I'm going to push it back to October. My first PrepTest was a 166 and I was SO excited, but the scores have just progressively dropped since then (164, 162, 159, 157). I am pretty stable in LR and RC, but I just cannot seem to get a hang of logic games, no matter how much prep I do. Ive been diligently doing all the homework and practice sets etc, and have even supplemented a little with 7Sage's explanations, and Ive done the practice sets over and over, but I just cant seem to get a hang of them. My biggest issue seems to be timing and not psyching myself out.
Im trying not to be too hard on myself because I am also working and in school, and I'e had a lot of health problems this semester , so it has been really hard juggling it all. Im just dying to see something in the 160s again and I am not really not sure where to go from here. Any advice/words of encouragement would be appreciated!

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: LSAT Rut/ Prep Test Scores Getting Worse?

by tommywallach Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Heyo!

Well, the short answer is we can't really give individual study plans here on the forums. I'm so sorry you're feeling frozen. I would never try to upsell you, but I would recommend you try to perhaps get an hour of tutoring from someone, so they can maybe point out where you might be going wrong. What I can promise is that practicing questions AND making sure you're doing them/thinking about them differently (i.e. not the same as when you started studying), you will see an increase in your score. It's inevitable. But if you're still seeing nothing after 10 weeks, you might wanna chat with someone to have a look-see. :)

Good luck!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com