Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

rich.moran78
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

New Books before 2012 + Advice

by rich.moran78 Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:31 am

Hello everyone,

I was wondering before I purchase the Manhattan study books for the LSAT, does anyone if there will be any new editions printed before October/December 2012?

The reason why I am asking is because I will be re-taking my LSAT's at that time and I would like to have the most upto date for my study prep.

Also, does anyone have any good study schedules for those who are working?

Thanks
Rich

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: New Books before 2012 + Advice

by noah Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:09 am

No worries! Be sure to hold onto your receipt (just file away the e-mail - or, if you purchase it through our site, we'll have a record). If we do end up re-writing a book anytime soon, we'll ship you a free copy.

As for working full time, if you're just starting now and have over a year here's what you might want to do:

Take the June 2007 LSAT to get a baseline score - you can download that, as well as an online proctor here: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/LSAT-proctor.cfm Enter your answers into the LSAT tracker, which you can download here: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/training-center.cfm

Follow our syllabus (which you'll get when you purchase a book - or ask nicely and I'll e-mail it to you :) ). You'll probably want to either pick up our Practice Book 1, or buy PTs 40-50.

Do the short HW - one set per week (skip any preptests). That'll be pretty low key and will take you about 12 weeks.

Then, when you're done with that, take another preptest.

Then, start going through the books one more time, this time doing the tall HW after you read a chapter, and taking the LSATs. Take another few months to do that.

At that point, if you're near your score goal, just keep doing an LSAT every two weeks (and feel free to re-do some).

If you're not, I'd suggest taking a course, doing some private tutoring, or getting our self-study videos.

I hope that's helpful - feel free to ask more about this if you're still unclear about what to do.