Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

Tcbuzz
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Pre-class prep

by Tcbuzz Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:04 pm

My in-person class begins on Sep 5th and was wondering what I should/could be doing in the months prior. Should I start taking practice tests now? Or, stick to the class schedule and wait until a week before the class begins and take the June 2007 exam as my first proctored practice test? Should I be utilizing any of the online resources in the months prior? :?

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3805
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Pre-class prep

by ohthatpatrick Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:43 am

If you already have access to the books and Interact lessons, I would honestly recommend that you just start reading them and watching them, respectively.

In an ideal world, you'd have multiple passes at all these lessons, since a lot of it doesn't sink in the first time. So embrace the idea of taking a brisk first pass through the three books. Don't worry about taking notes or doing all the drills (unless you want to).

Just try to get a general sense of everything, a first coat of paint.

If you work through Interact and the books in tandem, you'll see some of the same topics covered in different ways. The Interact Lessons all have names that more or less line up with corresponding chapters in the strategy guides.

I wouldn't worry a ton about doing full on practice tests yet; you'll probably get a lot of practice on individual examples by working through those books and lessons.

However, once your class starts up, you should use this pre-studying to your advantage by spending less time on the assigned chapters / Interact lessons and more time on doing timed 35 minute sections.

Good luck!

(Definitely sign up for "The Brief" on our website)