Q3

pennyv2012
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Q3

by pennyv2012 Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:48 pm

So I see why my answer was wrong for question 3 (I put C instead of B) but I am trying to figure out the best way I could have diagrammed it so as not to confuse myself. For this question I wrote out a number line, but I couldn't figure out what I knew for sure after putting in that K came first and I second. First I just assumed that everything else came after I in a big cloud in the order or the diagram I made based on the rules. But that was really confusing. When I saw I got the question wrong, I tried to diagram it on the number line again, this time framing it. I based my frame on the concept that in this particular question, either G or L had to go last. but even after putting those conditions in, my diagram was still a bit sloppy and everything else was in a cloud and I could not tell which letters had to go where... if this question is confusing, its because I'm confused...but maybe if someone could just explain how they would go about answering question 3, that would help!

Thank you!

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q3

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Here's how I would answer this one...

I(2) --> K(1) --> L(8)

This leaves a cloud above positions 3-7. P and N must go before H which goes before O.

None of the answers contradict I(2), K(1), or L(8), so the correct answer must contradict what is in the cloud.

(A) could be true. G could go 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.
(B) must be false. H must go after P and N.

Most game players would move on at this point, but you could confirm your answer by showing that each of (C)-(E) could be true.

(C) could be true. P could be 3, 4, or 5.
(D) could be true. O could be 6 or 7.
(E) could be true. G could be 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.