Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

arnreed
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Study Schedule?

by arnreed Sun May 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I bought the LG, LR, RC Manhattan Test Prep books. I'm wondering, what is the best way to read each of these books?

I am taking the exam in October, and I am trying to find the best way to utilize my time until then. I plan on self-studying, but using a tutor for when I have difficulty with exam questions. I think I'll start taking exams after completing each of the Manhattan books. Right now I am on page 156 of the LG book, and I read around 20 pages per day or so, but I'd like a more efficient regiment if possible.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

rinagoldfield
Thanks Received: 308
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 2 times.

Re: Study Schedule?

by rinagoldfield Thu May 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi Arnreed,

I suggest starring every new/ challenging/ helpful idea in the books as you read. When you finish a chapter, create a one-page summary of these ideas. This summary will be your “cheat sheet” version of the chapter. At the end of the book, you will have a booklet of “cheat sheets.”
The act of making these can help distill the important information, and will help the ideas “stick.”

As for schedule – slow and steady wins the race!

Best,
Rina