Study and Strategy questions relating to the GMAT.
KevinH562
Students

Advanced ATLAS questions?

by KevinH562 Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi, I'm going through ATLAS All the GMAT...the book references "advanced material available online at ATLAS" but I'm not sure where this is located. Where can I find this material?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

Re: Advanced ATLAS questions?

by StaceyKoprince Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Hi! Atlas is the Manhattan Prep online learning platform. Create an account on our website and register your book set and you'll get access to the advanced material. And all of your other resources. :)

If you bought the book set ALL the GMAT, look for the piece of paper that was inside the set—it contains a serial code and tells you how to register to access all of the resources. This book set comes with a full study syllabus—anywhere the study syllabus assigns anything from one of the books, you can click to download the ebook. That will take you to a page that shows all of the ebooks you have access to (including the two advanced / extra ebooks).

Happy studying! :D
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
AustinC65
Students

by AustinC65 Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:20 am

I bought the IR & Essay book separately on Amazon. Do I have access to Atlas?

EDIT: I found it.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Good. :) And for anyone else reading this: Everyone has access to Atlas, even if you buy nothing at all—but the resources you can access will depend on whether you bought something and, if so, what. (If you buy something, you get access to more resources...obviously. :D )

So the All the GMAT book set, for example, comes with an Atlas study syllabus that covers all of the resources included in that book set. The IR & Essay book doesn't come with a study syllabus but Atlas does have IR practice problems—so you'll be able to access those as soon as you register the book on our site.

Happy studying!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
Choony
Students

by Choony Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:31 am

Hi! I bought the IR and essay book too but did not find any serial code in the book. How do i register the book to access the IR practice problems in ATLAS?

EDIT: I found the site and instructions to register.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:49 pm

Great. :) Single books come with a card stuck inside that tell you how to register. Those ones don't have a serial code.

The All the GMAT book set comes with a slip of paper and that paper does have a serial code / one-time-use code (as well as registration instructions).
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
ZainH558
Course Students

by ZainH558 Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:45 am

Hi-these answers don’t address the question asked. I have the same question.

Where is the “additional [Atlas] material” referred to on e.g. page 41 of “All the Verbal”?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:05 am

If you bought the book set ALL the GMAT, look for the piece of paper that was inside the set—it contains a serial code and tells you how to register to access all of the resources. This book set comes with a full study syllabus—anywhere the study syllabus assigns anything from one of the books, you can click to download the ebook. That will take you to a page that shows all of the ebooks you have access to (including the two advanced / extra ebooks).

If you bought an individual book, then you'll see a card inside the book that tells you how to register that book. After you register it, you'll see the ebook resource appear in the left-hand main menu under the label EBOOKS. (The All the GMAT syllabus will also have that same label in the left-hand menu.)

Either way, when you get to that ebook page, you'll see all the ebooks to which you have access, including All the Verbal Companion (assuming you bought All the Verbal) or All the Quant Companion (assuming you bought All The Quant).

If you have any difficulty finding or downloading the book, just talk to our Student Services team (via the chat box on our site, email, phone) and they'll be happy to help you.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
ShirleyY624
Course Students

by ShirleyY624 Sat May 02, 2020 9:34 pm

Hello,

I'm curious how to use the advanced guides. For example, I am on Chapter 3 of Sentence Correction and it says the advanced guides explain colon and dashes.

But I saw it is part of an entire Chapter 1. Do I read the entire Chapter 1 in addition, or will each advanced area be referenced in the book?

Thank you.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon May 04, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi! At the bottom of any section of Atlas, you'll see an Extra Practice Tasks box. The Advanced chapters are assigned down there at the first possible appropriate time that you should consider reading them. (Note: There are both Easier and Harder tasks in the Extra Tasks area.)

If you felt very solid with the material in a particular chapter or area *and* you have extra time that week, I think it's fine to do the assigned Extra Harder chapters in that same week. If you either don't have extra time or didn't feel that strong with the main chapter material, then I would wait until later to decide whether to do the Extra Harder chapters in that same area.

For some of the chapters / types of material, you may later build your skills to the point where you feel comfortable tackling that harder material. For other areas, you may decide you don't want to go to the harder material. You don't need to do all of the Harder chapter material in order to still get a very good score on the test.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
AlainT523
Students

by AlainT523 Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:57 pm

Hi there, at the product registration stage, there is a dropdown bar to select the version of my book. I purchased an "all the gmat", but dont see a field to include the serial code?
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Hi, I'm sorry but I don't know exactly how the registration process works—I just teach the test. :) Our student services team would be happy to help get you going—you can use the pop-up chat window on the website (when it's active), send an email to gmat@manhattanprep.com, or call 800.576.GMAT (in the US and Canada).

Good luck and happy studying!
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
GUILLAUMEB380
Students

by GUILLAUMEB380 Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:49 am

Hi, I bought the all package GMAT (All the Quant, All the Verbal and the IR and AW).

I don't know how to get access to the advanced material online.

Could you help me ?

Thank you !
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:05 pm

Hi! Have you already registered your purchase on our website? Do you have access to an Atlas syllabus that's more complex than the free syllabus—it lists assignments from all of your books?

You can download ebooks for those three books that you purchased and, on that same page, you can also download the two special / advanced ebooks that go along with All the Quant and All the Verbal.

Click on any reading assignment from any book and you'll see a button that will take you to the page where you can download all ebooks. On that page, download everything. The two that have the advanced material both have the word Companion in the title (All the Quant Companion and All the Verbal Companion). The ones that say just All the Quant and just All the Verbal are ebook versions of the physical books that you already have.

If you have any issues finding or downloading the material (or if you haven't registered yoru book set and are having trouble doing so), you can also give our student services team a call (800.576.GMAT) and they'll help you get it all set.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
ManhattanPrep
GUILLAUMEB380
Students

by GUILLAUMEB380 Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:07 am

Hi yes i could download the advanced ebooks but my question now is :

Can i connect my account in the Manhattan GMAT with the Official prep GMAT so that i can have your answers to their questions because i don't like their answers.

Thank you for your help,

Guillaume